Tuesday 21 February 2012

On Red Lipstick - Revlon Instalment

Revlon are my favourite high street brand for lip products. (And this was before some of their amazing new Lip Butters came into my possession, via the lovely Stacey.) I even own and enjoy (occasionally) a few of their lipglosses in the Super Lustrous formula, of one-time Lilac Pastelle fame; and I generally hate lipglosses. I especially like their range of matte shades, though sadly it looks like several of these have been discontinued (why, Revlon, why?? Strawberry Suede was my favourite!).

Without further ado, here are the reds I own:

 L-R: Revlon Red, Really Red, Fire & Ice

Top to bottom: Revlon Red, Really Red, Fire & Ice

 Revlon Red is a Super Lustrous lipstick. It's a blue-based red, with a finish similar to a MAC Amplified Creme - very pigmented, with a sheen finish, and wears well on the lips.

Really Red is a matte, and still listed as available on the (shocking) Boots website. The finish is comparable to one of the better MAC mattes - longwearing and not too drying. It's a browner, more winey red, but still very wearable.

Swatching these made me wonder why I don't wear Fire & Ice more often! It's really bright, neutral red, leaning slightly warm (a tad brighter than Revlon Red). It's another Super Lustrous shade. You've probably seen the revamped ad campaign featuring Jessica Biel (of course, I prefer the original image!). I think there's a matching nail polish, which I don't own.




These are £7.49, and often on special offers in Boots/Superdrug, so definitely worth looking into, especially if you don't fancy shelling out for MAC. I should wear these more often!

Till next time,

Josephine x

1 comment: